action++; action – – ;
talk++; talk – – ;
A bit of an odd title there, and yes that’s a bit of C/C++ like programming syntax there, as a bit of humor. But the obviousness should be apparent; I thought about writing about the classic “A little less conversation (talk), and a lot more action,” (Thanks, Elvis), but it hit me – we need more and less of both. To be a bit more specific:
- More bike riding,
- More building things with your hands,
- More reading about real things, and real skills,
- More learning,
- More finding people who have changed the world for the better, and supporting them.
- Less driving,
- Less buying of trivial things,
- Less flying (a rare thing for me, but let us not get complacent),
- Less watching/reading nonsense, about the world of celebrity, professional sports, and ‘lite’ news,
- Less ignoring of the facts.
- About trite things,
- About complaints (certainly as a citizen of the US) about our ‘tough’ lives,
- About what we are “going to do…”.
- About the realities of our situation, with everyone we know,
- About how we can change our behaviors,
- With compassion,
- With a clear mind.
A lot of folks give Guy McPherson a lot of flack, but one of his key points is “Our days are numbered. Passionately pursue a life of excellence.” Not bad advice at all. The new year is upon us; time to get ourselves going.